As I mentioned when I talked about purple lipstick, in my opinion summer is the best season to focus on the lips when doing your makeup. Not only it is usually easier to pull off brighter shades at this time of the year, but I also think that lip products (especially if you choose the right formulations) will perform better through the heat and humidity than eyeshadows.
Today I want to share with you five long-lasting, confortable to wear, vivid lipsticks that you should try before fall comes.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl: A pinky-red with a strong blue base. It’s very matte, but not dry at all. It’s a great all-year-round color, but for some reason I use it more often during the warmer months.
- Wycon Matt Sublime in shade 618: Unfortunately, Wycon is only available in Italy (if you ever visit, check out their standalone stores – think KIKO style). This one is a strawberry pink with warm undertones.
- Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Matte Mandarin: A bright orange (I included it among my travel essentials, go have a look). This is the creamier of the bunch and never dries completely, you’ll like it even if you’re not a matte lover.
- NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage: A hot pink with blue undertones that flatters both warmer and cooler complexions. It’s extremely long-lasting without being drying and leaves a stain behind
- Lancôme Lip Lover in shade 336: If you’re more of a glossy-lip girl, this is the one for you. It looks orange in the packaging, but leans more coral on the lips. It applies evenly and feels moisturizing over time.
I mainly picked matte formulas as I’m obsessed with them they are less prone to smudging than shinier ones, which in my opinion makes them a better option for hot climates.
Have you ever tried these lipsticks? What are your summer picks? Let me know in the comments!