Some of you will remember that I recently used Pantone Fashion Color Report for Fall 2015 as an excuse to dig into my makeup collection and rediscover forgotten products. My most pleasing finding was a super affordable, but sadly discontinued 18-shadow palette by FrontCover. The shade I got most excited about was Cadet Grey, which pretty much matches Pantone’s Desert Sage, one of the colors they chose to represent the season.
I immediately knew that I wanted to create a look with it and decided to pair it with Stormy Weather, a blue grey also selected by Pantone for this fall. If you read my previous post, you’ll know that I found a limited edition KIKO pencil liner in my makeup stash that looks very similar to it.
If you’re interested in trying something different than the usual autumnal browns and cranberries, here is what I did:
- I primed my lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
- I applied Cashmere Bunny from Too Faced Natural Matte palette in the crease and slightly above as a transition shade.
- I patted Cadet Grey all over the mobile lid with a flat brush and blended it in the crease using a tiny bit of Cashmere Bunny on a blending brush.
- I applied Sorrell (a dark jade baked shadow from the same FrontCover palette) in the outer corner for more depth.
- I traced a thin line with KIKO Smokey Eye Pencil in 05 Graphite (from their 2012 Lavish Oriental collection) along my upper lashes and softly diffused it with a pencil brush.
- I applied the same liner in the waterline and along the lower lash line. Then I used Sorrell on a pencil brush to smoke it out and have a hint of green on the bottom as well.
- I subtly highlighted the brow bone and inner corner with Heaven from Too Faced Natural Matte.
Now, that greenish grey shadow is probably not the easiest shade to find, as I have a feeling that many alternative options will be limited edition. I think a similar look might be achieved with Makeup Geek Charmed or Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Jade Shore (LE), but please, do share any possible dupes you can think of in the comments.
Even if you’re not going to recreate the exact same look, I hope I have inspired you to play with your makeup and do something different than usual, just for fun.