So, there’s probably not much to be said about this makeup look, as I guess it’s what everyone else is going to do, BUT… I’ll tell you about it anyway!
As I’ve mentioned here and there lately, I knew I was going to do a gold eyes-black liner-red lips type of look. What I also knew was that I wanted to use MAC Ruby Woo as a lipstick, but wasn’t sure what I would do on the eyes. I couldn’t just use Isolde yet again and actually wanted something less warm-toned than that (NARS Isolde leans way more copper than gold). I was just in the middle of my makeup musings when I spotted Collistar’s Holiday collection and noticed that they’re repromoting a glittery gold liquid eyeshadow from a past limited edition that I happen to be in the possession of. Seeing that it had been lying untouched at the bottom of my makeup drawer for quite some time, I thought Christmas would be the perfect occasion to put it to good use.
ALSO, I put on false lashes, which I never ever do and the final effect wasn’t too horrendous! Here’s the full list of the products I used:
- Foundation: Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet in B20
- Under-eye concealer: Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in Light
- Blemishes: Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream Stick in 12 Opal
- Setting powder: Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation in Golden Light (mini-review here)
- Under-eye setting powder: Marc Jacobs #InstaMarc – highlighting shade (review here)
- Bronzer: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in shade 50 (mini-review here)
- Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed (mini-review here)
- Highlighter: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer (see it in action here)
- Eye primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Crease: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige (review here)
- Lid: Collistar Rhinestone Effect Liquid Eyeshadow in Copper (which is more of a rose gold)
- Lower lash line: Nudie and Chocolate Cookie from Too Faced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Palette (review here)
- Brow bone: Heaven from Too Faced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Palette
- Falsies: Ardell Demi Wispies + DUO Eyelash Adhesive – Clear
- Gel eyeliner: Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama in 01 Black
- Mascara: Pupa Vamp in Black
- Lip liner: KIKO Rebel Romantic Intensely Lavish Lip Pencil in 03 Luscious Red (review here)
- Lipstick: MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo (mini-review here)
On a slightly different note… What do people do in your country for Christmas? Here in Italy, surprise surprise, we have a big food-coma-inducing meal. And when I say ‘big’, I really mean ‘HUGE’: think about what a big meal is for you and multiply by 3 – at least! The further to the south, the bigger it’ll usually be. I live in Bologna (watch this beautiful New York Times video if you have 5 minutes to spare), which is in the north, but we’re actually pretty famous for our food… Do you know lasagne, tortellini and Bolognese sauce (which we call ‘Ragù’ and don’t EVER eat with spaghetti, but with tagliatelle)? Well, they all come from here!
Oh, and when I said ‘meal’, I actually meant ‘mealS’: dinner on Christmas Eve (traditionally fish-based), lunch on Christmas Day and another lunch on Boxing Day (Santo Stefano here). We usually have each one with a different part of the family (like parents, in-laws, etc.), but obviously there are no rules.
So, what are you going to do for Christmas – as your makeup and to celebrate? I’d love to know! 🙂