#LipstickWeek, Part 2 of 3: Clinique Pop Matte Lip Color + Primer in 06 Rose Pop ($18.50)
I love the packaging!
Wearing the Clinique Pop Matte Lip Color + Primer in 06 Rose Pop on my lips and the cool shades from the NARS Long Hot Summer Eyeshadow Palette on my eyes
Today, I won’t babble.
The Clinique Pop Matte Lip Color + Primer in 06 Rose Pop deserves our full attention.
Why, you ask?
Well, I don’t really have a reason…
I have 10!
- The packaging is super cute. I love that it has a mirrored top and rubberized bottom (think NARS) that reflects the actual color of the lipstick.
- Like all Clinique products, the Pop Matte Lip Color + Primer is fragrance-free. I really dislike most floral scents, so fragrance-free is always good in my book.
- It glides beautifully on the lips and is a real pleasure to apply. It feels like a major treat!
- It has mind-blowing pigmentation. Seriously. One swipe is all you need.
- I normally use a liner with all my lipsticks, but for testing purposes I tried Rose Pop on its own and I have to say that it was pretty easy to get sharp edges, which is pretty rare (at least in my experience).
- I guess this is down to personal preference, but to me fuchsia-berry Rose Pop is an amazing shade. It’s a darker version of my all-time favorite lipstick – the YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in 208 Fuchsia Fetiche. Yeah… I’d say Rose Pop is like its fall/winter counterpart.
- It has a fantastic semi-matte finish that looks super flattering on the lips.
- It has BOMB lasting power, because even when it wears off (after many hours and plenty of drinking and eating)…
- It leaves behind a pretty intense stain.
- It’s reasonably priced. At $18.50, the Clinique Pop Matte Lip Color + Primer rivals much more expensive options.
Out of all the amazing lipstick formulas I’ve tried this year, I really think the Clinique Pop Matte Lip Color + Primer is my favorite.
Need I say more?
And you may find me on Snapchat as carolinapage!