You know how it is, sometimes I feel like doing my makeup as if I were going to walk the red carpet at the Oscars, but other times (most times, to be honest) I don’t really want to do the whole shebang and blend like five different shadows on my lids. These are the times I’ll usually pull out my trusted pencil liners (and/or cream eyeshadows – but you can read about these here). Let’s have a look at what my favorites are and how I like to use them, shall we?
(1) Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Deep End – A turquoise/teal with a pearly sheen. These Urban Decay liners are truly amazing, very creamy, pigmented and long-lasting! (See Deep End in action here)
(2) Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Mainline – A deep teal blue with a matte finish.
(3) Deborah Milano 2 in 1 Waterproof Gel Kajal & Eyeliner in 04 – A dark forest green with a matte finish. Not the most long-lasting one when used on the waterline…
(4) KIKO Rebel Romantic Color Definition Eyeliner and Kajal in 04 Amazon Blue (Limited Edition) – A deep cobalt blue with a matte finish. (See it in action here)
The next three I like to smudge on the lashline for a subtle smoky effect. Sometimes I apply them both on the upper and lower lashlines, while other times only either on the top or on the bottom.
(5) Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in 19 Hot Scorch – A coppery bronze with a shimmery finish. I use this one a lot on my lower lashline as it looks very natural, but still adds a nice touch of definition. (See it in action here)
(6) SEPHORA Colorful Shadow & Liner in 15 Purple – A plummy purple with a pearly sheen.
(7) KIKO Smokey Eye Pencil in 05 Graphite (Limited Edition) – A bluish grey with a pearly sheen. (See it in action here)
The last two I only use on my upper lashline to create a little wing. Sometimes doing the flick with a pencil can be quite challenging, so my suggestion is to grab an angled liner brush, get a little product from the tip and use it like a gel liner.
(8) Maybelline Master Drama Chromatics Kohl Liner in Magic Magenta – A bright magenta with a slight pearly sheen. It might seem like an odd color to wear on the eyes, but a little wing with this and lots of mascara make a great summer look. It makes my light brown eyes really pop and I can’t even imagine how good it would look on blue or green eyes!
(9) KIKO Glamorous Eye Pencil in shade 403 (I think it’s discontinued!) – A deep copper with a pearly sheen. (See it in action here)
I thought that swatching the pencils on a piece of paper would be kinda cool, but it definitely wasn’t my best idea as the shimmer got lost and they all look matte… Oh well, bear with me, please! 🙂
Do you like colored pencil liners? How do you like to use them? I’m looking for a good matte violet pencil (kinda like the KIKO Amazon Blue one but in violet, can you picture it?), do you have any recommendations?