Last month (awesome reaction time, Carol!), the sweet Tiffany nominated me for the Liebster Award (thank you Teef!), which is called an ‘award’ but is basically just another tag. This is how it works:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge in your post.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers with 200 or less followers.
- Answer 10 questions for you and create 10 new questions for your nominees.
- Notify your nominees via a comment on their blog.
So, let’s get started!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I’ve always liked writing and had a passion for makeup, so starting a beauty blog was something that I had at the back of my mind for a very long time. And then one day, I just decided that it was time to do it. Remember, people, there’s no time like the present!
2. What are some of your favorite hobbies?
For some reason, when someone uses the word ‘hobby’, the image of a pensioner arranging his stamp collection always pops in my head. I don’t really have any hobbies like that, but when I’m not blogging or doing anything else related to it, I like reading novels (which have to be entertaining and comforting) or riding my bike through the country.
3. Who is your favorite blogger?
4. Who do you look up to? And why?
I look up to my mother. When you are a kid you normally take your mum and everything she does for granted. It’s only when you grow up that you realize all the sacrifices she did and everything she gave up for you. I am truly amazed at how my mother was able to raise two kids on her own. My parents separated when I was two and my brother was nine and, although my dad was, and still is, always there for me, it was my then 28-year-old mother who did most of the work. So, mum, thank you for everything and always remember you’re a force of nature!
5. What inspires your posts?
I don’t think I can pinpoint any particular source of inspiration. I mainly try to write posts that I would enjoy reading myself.
6. If you had to choose one celebrity to trade places with who would it be?
It would probably be Lauren Graham. I would’ve loved playing Lorelai in Gilmore Girls (YAY for the new episodes!!!).
7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Very tough question for me to answer right now… I’ll turn 30 next year and feel like the decisions I’ll make in the near future are really going to be for life, which is a little unsettling. So, I really don’t know where I’ll be in five years!
8. Who is your favorite YouTuber?
Cliomakeup. She’s had a YouTube channel for seven years and is über-famous in Italy. I not only like the wearable looks she creates, but also the fact that she always tries to convey a positive message that goes beyond makeup, as she’s aware of the strong influence she has on millions of young girls.
9. What is one of the best posts you have read recently? Leave the link!
10. Do you have a Twitter? Share your link!
Here’s my Twitter, I’ll follow back all of my lovely readers!
So, now I’m supposed to tag ten other bloggers, but I’m going to break the rules and not tag anyone. I was nominated so many times after Teef did that I think this thing is getting a little out of control! BUT if any of you want to be tagged, just let me know and I will do that as well as prepare a set of questions for you to answer.
*UPDATE* I tag the lovely Winfred from It’s Just Winnie. Below are my questions:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What are your top three beauty products at the moment?
- Is there anything special you do to cheer up if you’ve had a bad day?
- What are the things you enjoy the most about blogging?
- What’s your favorite social media? Share your account!
- What are your wardrobe staples?
- Are there any bloggers you look up to?
- Would you recommend visiting the place where you live? Why?
- Is there a movie/book you think everyone should watch/read?
- Would you like to say anything to those who are thinking of starting a blog?
That’s all, folks! Don’t forget to go say hey to Tiffany!