I absolutely love the Urban Decay Electric Palette. As soon as it launched last year, I knew that I had to have it. I bought it mainly because it was different from anything I owned and so damn gorgeous, but I didn’t really think I would get much use out of it. Boy was I wrong! In the summer, whenever I can be bothered to do an eyeshadow look, this is the palette I reach for.
The UD Electric can be very wearable, as long as you only use one or two shades at a time and pair them with some neutrals. In the pictures above, I used Slowburn, a gorgeous bright orange, in combination with shadows from Too Faced Natural Matte palette. Here is how I created this super quick and easy look:
- I primed my lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and set it with Heaven.
- I applied Slowburn all over the mobile lid and blended it out using Honey Butter in the crease.
- I tightlined my upper and lower waterline with a dark brown pencil.
- I smudged Sexpresso and Chocolate Cookie on my lower lash line.
- I lined the outer half of my upper lash line with Sexpresso.
- I highlighted my inner corner and under the brow using Heaven.
- I finished off with Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.
It is a very simple look and I often wear it during the day, as well as in the evenings. I think it would be especially flattering on someone with blue eyes, as the orange shadow would make them pop like crazy.
Do you guys ever wear bright eyeshadows? What are your favorite color combinations? Let me know down in the comments!