When it comes to everyday makeup, I’m a lipstick girl through and through. If you were to bump into me on a totally random day (how cool would that be?!), chances are my makeup would consist of:
- Neutral shadow all over the lid.
- Brown liner subtly smudged along my lower lash line.
- Lipstick, bold but not too bold (although my scale of lipstick boldness might be totally different than yours!).
I can’t deny I have a soft spot for high-end lip products and their gorgeous packaging, but when I find a lipstick range that is as good as Maybelline SuperStay 14HR, I don’t really care if it’s packaged in plain old cardboard or cheap plastic.
I own three beautiful, wearable shades that you can see pictured above (boy, I really need to start brushing my hair!). In order of appearance, you have:
- 720 Lasting Chestnut: this 90’s brown is the most recent addition to my collection.
- 160 Infinitely Fuchsia: the shade that got me hooked on the formula. I find this to be the perfect fuchsia for my skintone, as it doesn’t lean too cool.
- 260 Always Plum: a nice plum that pulls more brown than purple against my warm complexion.
They have a velvet finish, meaning they’re matte with a slight sheen, and even though they’re super long-lasting, they’re not drying at all. If you don’t have a very oily lunch, I think you can get away with no touch-ups throughout a long office day (I always touch up my lipstick after lunch, though). They definitely don’t bleed nor smudge, even if you don’t use a liner. Their packaging is actually not bad either: the cap is white, while the bottom part reflects the color of the lipstick itself.
Have you ever heard of this line before? Do you have any other shades to recommend? What’s your staple, everyday makeup look?