When I put something on my wishlist, there are three possible outcomes:
- I buy it.
- It stays on the list for a while but I eventually decide that I don’t really want/need it.
- It takes up permanent residence and I keep lusting after it for months and months, while the beauty lover’s Shakespearean struggle takes place inside my head: to buy or not to buy?
OK, before I write a whole soliloquy imagining Prince Hamlet as a makeup hoarder, please, tell me if you’ve ever tried any of the products that have been on my wishlist forever and your opinion about them. Hopefully, it’ll help me make my decision.
- Charlotte Tilbury’s makeup: I’m pretty sure that if CT had counters in Italy this would belong to number 1 above. Somehow, resisting an online purchase is easier than a physical one, so in my makeup collection there still are no products from this hyper-luxurious range. My wish to own a few pieces is getting stronger and stronger, though… My top picks would be The Dolce Vita eyeshadow quad, the Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk and the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick in Penelope Pink (very unusual shade and finish for me).
- Clarisonic Face Cleansing Brush: Is it worth the hype and the $$$??? I have a Sephora 20%-off coupon that I’m thinking to use on this. It would still be pricey, though, so I can’t really decide.
- Lorac PRO Palette: I already have Urban Decay Naked 1, Zoeva Cocoa Blend, Too Faced Natural Matte and Tarte Tartelette. Do I need another neutral palette?! Definitely not, but when it comes to makeup, nothing really is needed… I guess I’ll keep lusting after this one anyway, because even if I decided to buy it, it would be really hard for me to source it!
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: Boy this thing is pricey! I think I’d love the volumizing effect on my hair, but I don’t want to spend 46 (FORTY-SIX!!!) euro on hairspray! Has anyone tried it? Do you know of any good, affordable dupes?
Besides helping me solve an existential dilemma (to buy or not to buy?), I came up with this post because I’ve just started a Photoshop class and wanted to create the image above to practice a couple of things I’ve learnt so far. 😉
So have you ever tried any of the products on my wishlist? What do you think of them? Worth the splurge?