Today’s post is going to be a little different than usual, as last week I was nominated to participate in the LOVE/HATE tag by the lovely Tiffany from teefmay. Go check out her blog if you haven’t already!
The tag works like this: once you are nominated, you should write on your blog about ten things you love and ten you hate. Then it’s your turn to nominate ten other people that are supposed to do the same. I think tags are a nice way to get to know the person behind the blog and network with fellow bloggers, so here are my lists (in no particular order)…
- Family: What I love the most about my family is how open-minded they all are. Even my grandparents have always been very modern-minded and fun to spend time with. I am also thankful for how supportive everyone is and really grateful for how encouraging they all were when I told them I was going to start this blog.
- Friends: My friends and I have just celebrated our 15-year friendship anniversary, which means we now have been pals for over half our life (mind-blowing!). We met in high school and have been through many crazy adventures together. They have been there in good and bad times and I feel really lucky to have them.
- Traveling: I love traveling, seeing new places and getting to know different cultures. I still have so many places I want to explore!
- Summer: I’m a summer person through and through. I love the good weather, the long days and not having to wear five layers of clothing to go out.
- Lipstick: I obviously love all things makeup, but lipsticks are the pieces I am most attracted to. If they’re matte and bold, I just can’t resist!
- Food: I really like eating and trying new dishes and flavors. I think food is a big part of a nation’s culture (I’m Italian, after all!) and when I’m traveling I love to get to know local eating habits.
- Reading: I love how through books you can live a million different lives. I read classic novels for years, but recently switched to contemporary books.
- The Bay: As in The San Francisco Bay Area. I spent my college senior year at the University of California – Berkeley (a.k.a. Cal) and loved every second of it. The Bay is a great place to visit, but I think you can only capture its true magic by living there. I’ve missed it every day for the past seven years and finally got to visit again last November. It was a nice trip down Memory Lane…
- The sea: I’ve always been fascinated by the sea and the ocean, I like them no matter the season or time of the day. Having a house on the beach is one of my lifelong dreams.
- Music, singing and dancing: I love music and anything related to it. I took dance classes for years and sooner or later I’ll take singing and piano lessons.
- Waiting: I am terrible at waiting, whether it be in the line for the bathroom, for the food to arrive at a restaurant or for more serious stuff. Patience is not my virtue.
- Disrespectful people: I really hate it when people show no respect for others and the world we all live in. Someone cutting a line, not yielding right-of-way at a crossroads or throwing trash on the ground will make me furious.
- Bugs: Bugs and I just cannot coexist.
- Brown nosers: I can feel anger rising just at the thought of brown nosers. I used to despise them in school and got to really hate them at work. Unfortunately, brown nosers proliferate and prosper in Italy.
- Cold weather: Re-read what I love about summer and you’ll know why I hate winter and the cold.
- Crowded places: I never go on vacation during peak season or shopping on a Saturday afternoon. I like tranquil places, like the country, a deserted beach or an empty grocery store.
- Traffic: Well, I hate waiting and crowded places, so…
- Dishonesty: I have many flaws, but I am definitely a genuine person and expect others to be the same way.
- Loud noises: I can’t stand loud, piercing noises. The sound of drilling into a wall will literally drive me crazy! I’m sure nobody likes that, but I think my eardrums are extremely sensitive.
- Doing household chores: I would do a million things before I clean up my place, I think it’s a waste of precious time that could be put to much better use. I actually love for things to be all neat and tidy though, so I force myself to clean up despite how much I hate it.
Fellow bloggers, now it’s your turn! I’d love to read your lists, if you felt like joining in. I nominate:
Ela from Ela Bella World
Anne from Linda.Libra.Loca
Veebz from Veebz Boo
Lulle from Beaumiroir
Selena from Blondy’s Style
Dorota from iDorottka
Marleen from Binary Beauty
Kiki Anne from Color Me Kiki
Winfred from It’s Just Winnie
Danielle from Spring2Spring