I may not like fall weather (what an understatement!), but I definitely love fall makeup. Coppery bronze smoky eyes and dark vampy lips?! YES, PLEASE, with a side order of rouge noir nail polish!
I have to admit that I don’t wear nail polish on a daily basis, but when I do, these days, it’s usually something very, very dark. I think that this type of shades can look really chic and elegant, but in my opinion they have to be worn exclusively on short nails. Sorry to all the long nail lovers out there, but the Evil Queen is not exactly my style icon! 😉
My top picks this season are:
- Nails inc. Victoria: I don’t own Chanel Rouge Noir, but this is supposed to be a perfect dupe. For those of you who don’t speak French, it’s a black red.
- OPI Honk If You Love OPI: A dark eggplant color.
- SEPHORA Expert Manicure 15 Divine Purple: The only non-blackened shade I’ve reached for lately is this pretty magenta berry (it’s actually way cooler than it looks in the picture).
- Collistar Gloss Nail Lacquer 588 Paola Green: This blackened green might very well be my favorite of the bunch.
- Essie Lady Godiva: A very pretty chocolate brown.
- OPI Incognito In Sausalito: When OPI launched their San Francisco Collection I knew that I had to get at least one shade. I finally opted for this beautiful blackened blue, which I absolutely love.
What are you wearing on your nails these days? Do seasons influence the colors you pick?