The Too Faced Natural Matte is probably my most-reached-for eyeshadow palette of all time. The reason why I use it so often is that its shadows not only work great on their own, but are also ideal to complement shimmery looks and, depending on the shade, act as transition, liner or highlighter.
I love how portable this palette is: the metal case fits in the palm of my hand and its magnetic closure makes it safe enough to throw in my bag. The quality of its 9 shadows is good, but not amazing: most of them are on the powdery side and Risqué definitely lacks pigmentation. They blend easily, but not effortlessly.
What I like the most about the Too Faced Natural Matte is that, no matter the look I go for, it always has my back and covers all the eye contouring needs I may have. Moreover, if you like an all-matte eye look, which I find very chic and elegant, this palette is also perfectly self-sufficient. One of my favorite ways to use it is to apply:
- Heaven (buttercream) all over the lid up to the brow to set the primer
- Strapless (rosy brown) on the mobile lid
- Chocolate Cookie (warm brown) in the crease
- Essence Gel Eye Pencil in Cocoa Bean (chocolate brown) in the upper and lower rims
- Sexpresso (dark brown) to smoke out the lower lash line
- Risqué (purpley brown) to intensify the outer half of the upper lash line
- Heaven to subtly highlight the brow bone and inner corner
Do you have any all-matte neutral palettes? Do you find them as versatile as I do or too boring for your taste?